Landguard Fort Despatch - March 2009

Reports on past events. Only Forum Officials can post topics and Registered users can reply.
Official Post
95thRLHS

Landguard Fort Despatch - March 2009

Post by Official Post »

95th Rifles Living History Society representing
1st Battalion 95th (Rifle) Regiment of Foot (1/95) were in residence at Landguard Fort , Felixstowe, on Saturday and Sunday, 28-29 March, 2009, for our first Society event of the season.
We were joined by our friends in the 42nd Highland Regiment of Foot. (1815). The Black Watch.

Email from 42nd to 1/95th Sjt John "Scwiffy" Wanmer
Scwiffy,
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of myself and the lads from the 42nd Highland Regiment of Foot. (1815). The Black Watch, that attended the event you held at Languard Fort, 28th & 29th March to say a big thank you to both you and the 1st 95th Rifles for making us feel so welcome. You are a great bunch of lads and a fine Regiment. I was at first a little disheartened when we arrived to find out that the 44th East Essex and the French had pulled out (their loss) but I have to say despite that we had a cracking time and thought that Languard Fort was superb.
You will be happy to hear that our strapping Piper was frightened to death on the Sunday morning while piping for all he was worth. He was suddenly silenced by the dummy looking out the window of the watch tower. Please say thank you to the dummy for us as he managed to do what we have never been able to do and that is to stop Mark playing his screech bags at ungodly hours. You will be pleased to note though following extensive surgery to remove his chanters from up his backside and intense psychiatric help he will be discharged from Broadmoor very soon.
I would like to say that we would very much like to attend another event at Languard Fort later in the year if you are having another skirmish and may even let you win next time.
I will keep in touch and hopefully we can all get together again schedules permitting.
Thank the lads for such an enjoyable time and making us welcome and the chef for the superb food.

Regards to you and the 1st 95th Rifles.

Steve. Events Officer.
42nd Highland Regiment of Foot. (1815). The Black Watch
To visit the 42nd's website click here
95thRLHS Official Communication